Friday, December 03, 2004

The Tests of Truth

Before I head any further into Jesus' claims about reality, I ought to spell out the direction I intend to take.

First and foremost, I will not be surprised if the thoughts you see here are not already familiar to you because you have heard someone else say them. There are many good Christian minds out there, and I'm not offering any new ground-breaking insight that minds such as Ravi Zacharias, J.P. Moreland, or William Lane Craig have not already offered. I do not want to stand on the shoulders of giants, as it were; the vast minority of thoughts to be expressed herein are my own. I must credit Mr. Zacharias especially with most of what I intend to bring to this forum.

Now, for any worldview, there are three areas in which a worldview can be measured: logical consistancy, empirical adequacy, and experiential relevance. That is to say that any system must logically cohere together; it will not do for a worldview to give a solid answer for the origin of humanity, and then give a contradictory statement concerning the nature of reality. Secondly, the claims that any worldview makes must correspond with how we can know and test reality. And thirdly, do the claims of any particular worldview ring true with how we experience reality.

For this first study, I intend to talk about the Christian worldview and how it relates to us as a worldview by breaking down what the Bible claims about the nature of humanity, suffering, history and destiny. And from there, to move into studies of Biblical passages and topical ideas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home